Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Beg of You Hollywood, Please Don't Do it

Name some good movie sequels......I dare ya!  Yeah, I can think of only a few as well. Alien 2. Terminator 2.  Maybe a few others. 

Ok. Now name good remakes of classics!  Psycho with Vince Vaughn? I don't think so. The Day the Earth Stood Still with Keanu?  While it was perfect for him as an emotionless alien, it too was nowhere near as good as the original.

So what would you say if I told you that they are ALREADY thinking of remaking one of the finest movies ever to hit the big screen.....The Karate Kid.  

Is Ralph Macchio coming back? No of course not, that would be as ridiculous as remaking the movie.  Right now they are thinking about Jaden Smith for the role. That's right, Will Smith's 11 year old son.  And who would play Mr. Miyagi for the deceased, but brilliant Pat Morita........I am ashamed to even say it.......they are thinking of Jackie Chan.

I could go off on how hollywood has run out of creative ideas, or the many ways in which this would soil the classic version of the movie, but there is no need. So now that I have brought it to your attention I ask you to pray with me for this remake to NEVER be made. 

Just to add to this, here are the comments from the karate kid himself today from IMDB:

3 comments:

Brownman said...

I know its horrible! I guess they figured they didn't ruin the Karate Kid series enough with the one with Hillary Swank

CDE said...

Hi Ryan...i am a friend of Terri and Adams and ran across your blog...soooo funny! I do love Jaden Smith though..but i agree,its probably going to be a mess!

Wes said...

That is why I did music stuff instead of moving to LA.



not that music is any better but im trying